Time and again, VoIP phone systems have proved to be very reliable and cost-effective for having a sophisticated business phone system. Whether you go for self-hosted (on-premise) or cloud based VoIP phone system, the PBX features that you get to access are highly productive and useful in nature. Especially, small businesses that grow on fixed budget can really make the best use of IP PBX system by accessing the enterprise level phone system features.
The following are the top 10 IP PBX features that you should be considering while working with IP PBX providers:
- Voicemail: One of the very important PBX features, Voicemail ensures that you capture all important messages from clients, customers or employees in the form of audio messages when your extension is not reachable. Usually, callers are prompted by IVR to leave a message when the callee extension is not reachable for some reason. The message gets recorded in audio format and an alert is sent which can later be played on the extension or can be simply called back to that phone number through a click.
- Call Forwarding: This feature allows you the flexibility to forward an incoming call on your extension to another extension, PSTN or mobile device under certain circumstances. So, the incoming calls don’t go unanswered upon your non-availability at the extension. It is again categorized into Always Call Forwarding, No Answer Call Forwarding and On Busy Call Forwarding.
- Call Transfer: It is another important feature that allows you to simply transfer the incoming call to any preferred extension. In an organization that has multiple departments, call transfer really helps to establish communication with the right department thereby enhancing the user experience. It is again categorized into Blind Call Transfer and Attendant Call Transfer.
- Interactive Voice Response (IVR): It is an automated telephony system that interacts with callers and gather information to route the calls to appropriate extension. An IVR system accepts a combination of voice and DTMF input via keypad and provides appropriate response in the form of voice, email, fax, call back and other media.
- Ring Groups: This feature allows you to have multiple phones ring when a single extension or number is dialed. This is to ensure that the incoming calls get answered at the earliest by anyone who is available to attend them within the ring group. As a result, the response time is significantly reduced increasing the customer satisfaction.
- Conference Calling: By the use of this feature, you can connect calls with more than one user. Usually, three-way calling is the most preferred and available conference calling feature in the most PBX systems. To use this feature, a user has to call the first number and when the connection is established, he needs to press the flash/recall button and the second number must be dialed. When the second connection is established, user have to press the flash/recall button again so that all the three users are connected on the call.
- Call Recording: This feature is of high importance when some high level discussions happen over the telephone and you want to refer them at a later point of time as part of your business activities. With this feature, you can record the entire conversation for your future reference. You can as well download the audio file in suitable format and follow it up later.
- Call Monitoring: This feature helps you to tap into the phone transactions that happen through your system and track all details including the conversations, call length, line usage and all transfers and holds placed on those calls. With this feature, you can randomly check your business performance and productivity.
- Call Reports: Using this feature, you can generate various call reports that help you to keep a track of your business performance and productivity.
- Advanced DID Configuration & Routing Management: With advanced DID configuration, you can assign multiple DIDs to your IP PBX extensions. With routing management, you can seamlessly route the calls to multiple extensions based on your preferences.